Thursday, August 18, 2011

for starters





it has been such a hectic summer with work travel, personal travel, out of town guest, cabin work weekends (every weekend we are in town we are work, work, working)....so, the city apt has been neglected.

for starters there has been limited fresh flowers in the house and this is a cardinal crime in my home. so, i troll the back garden for little pieces that have broken off after a wind storm, or just pop off an extra branch to give a little guy a chance to be his own plant. trying to justify of course....

thank goodness succulents thrive in northern california as they are at the top of my favorite list and the easiest to care for and i really enjoy the texture and sculpture they offer.

i wanted to show you some of my prizes...oh and a box of plants i bought on my last journey to see my sister in so cal...she has a secret garden location and i think this whole box was only $30.00.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

They're beautiful!

Ivy Lane said...

Lovely! My fave is jade...reminds me of my mom...she has a large jade plant that is an "off spring" of a plant from my grandmother....

your photos exude such peace.. one would never know you have had a hectic summer... love that!

RELLLAAAXXXXX and enjoy your weekend!

24 Corners said...

I love that you rescue injured and lost plants...they couldn't have made it to a better home. They look very happy & healthy...I bet they know they're being cared for by someone who cares.
Love the box o' succulents (yay D!)...all three images are so great!
xo J~

coast said...

Love, love, love what you did with your succulents! What a great idea! The images are so beautiful as always. Will they be ok in just a jar of water for a while? You will have to let me know. For some reason succulents thrive on the Washington coast where it is very wet, with brutal winters. Maybe the constant winds help them with drainage.

Kavita said...

I love your precious finds. Makes me smile :)

coast said...

Hey again! How did you get all of the dirt off the roots? I tried to do that today and made a total mess of things. Want to group them in old bottles in my new store. :)

Linda @ DesignInMyView said...

Hello! I am finding you for the first time today and L O V E the tour. I live in San Juan Capistrano and would enjoy knowing your sisters source for succulents - my collection tends toward red, blue and variegated.
Cheers!