Tuesday, December 7, 2010

green + gray





to all of you gray lovers (donna) out there, i thought it appropriate to share some mighty fine images that have a twinkle of green (in honor of the evergreen tree..though no photo's of evergreens) and our ever growing popular color gray. i have been a gray loyalist since 2001 when i convinced my second interior design client to paint her entire 5000 square foot home in shades of gray....i haven't looked back since then and i think she is still in shock she took the plunge (good shock of course):o)..a risky move for a traditional-english lover.

anyway, i decided it high time to rally and put aside the busy life for 20 minutes a day and breathe...

images found elle decor

5 comments:

red ticking said...

goodie... i missed you.
and of course.. loving gray. xx

I Dream Of said...

So pretty and restful. Love these images!

Ivy Lane said...

I have always loved gray and camel as a combo...gray and green is beautiful! never thought to do that! would be pretty in a wardrobe as well...! gray tweedy skirt, dark evergreen tights... or a touch of chartruese.... mmmmm...

A Perfect Gray said...

ahhhh, this made my day. my first stop at a blog for a few days. I lost my dad on Tuesday.

you are my pal. your little shout-out made my first trip back special, Mr. Street. You feel like family. Does that make me crazy?

Probably so. But I kinda like crazy. Ima take a little blog break 'til the new year....

Mr. Street, have a wonderful holiday, you and yours. wishing you a lot of cabin time with loved ones.

Your pal, Donna

brock street said...

dear friend donna. amazing how little distractions like a blog can transport us for a moment out of reality.
my thoughts are going out to you and your family, not knowing how painful it is to loose a parent, but knowing how painful it is to loose someone you love.
the candle is lit for you friend.
and yes, it is oddly wonderful to call our fellow bloggers friend, i get it and sincerely care.
much affection,
levi